What is Tracheal Bronchitis - When to See a Doctor for Your Bronchitis SymptomsBronchitis symptoms will most commonly begin to be manifest following a bout of the flu or the common cold. The body can't manage to heal itself fully, and symptoms such as heavy coughing will begin to be manifest, this coughing could be dry, or phlegmy. The cough produced by bronchitis can potentially last for several weeks, also bringing with it the possibility of pain in the chest and abdomen, as well as difficulty breathing to the point of wheezing.
These bronchitis symptoms persist for two weeks or longer or if your fever persists for several days you should see a doctor. He or she will check for signs of pneumonia. You should immediately see a doctor if at any time you cough up blood or see any signs of blood in your phlegm such as a rusty color. If your doctor diagnoses a virus there is little you can do because antibiotics do not fight viruses. In fact, misuse of antibiotics contributes to the development of drug resistant bacteria. You simply need to rest and wait for your body's own defenses to defeat the infection naturally. However you can take easy tips to identify the two symptoms of bronchitis such as cough and fever. Using the intuition I had on Bronchitis, I thought that writing this article would indeed be worth the trouble. Most of the relevant information on Bronchitis has been included here.
- Advil, Tylenol, and aspirin are three of the most often used medications to treat bronchitis symptoms.
- However, aspirin is not advised for anyone eighteen years old or younger.
- A complication known as Reye's Syndrome can occur which could be fatal.
- Drinking a lot of liquids can help to avoid the dehydration normally associated with fever.
- It can also relieve an irritated throat from constant coughing.
- Another treatment for the cough is over the counter cough suppressants.
- An idle brain, is a devil's workshop they say.
- Using this ideology in mind, we ventured to write on Wheezing Bronchitis, so that something productive would be achieved of our minds.